Wednesday, October 21, 2009

It can't have been 8 Months ?!?!?!

I just looked to my Blog, and saw that I hadn't posted since February. I knew I hadn't posted in a while, but 8 months, sheesh. I guess I am really a terrible slacker !! I hope the Twitter updated have been interesting.)

I have wanted to post something here several times in the past few months, but I never made the time to do it (much like exercising, eating right, etc.) I have an ongoing thread in my life where I don't prioritize things very well (at work, at home, getting healthy, etc.)

I always seem to work best under pressure and with a deadline looming. I am the typical procrastinator, I always wait until the last minute, and then have to cram a lot of work into a short period of time (writing college papers, cleaning the house before company comes over, or preparing for a visit from my boss, I wait until the last possible minute, and then stay up VERY late to get ready.)

There is one problem with continuing to do that, I am much older now (I am in my 40's for crying out loud.) and I can't burn the candle at both ends like I used to and stay up until 4 or 5 in the morning (except tonight of course.)

If I wait until the last minute to get healthy, I will never know what the deadline will be. My "wearning" may be too late, and I won't be able to any last minute healthy work. I heart attack (or worse) may be my only warning, and too late to do anything.

I hope I can change my mind set, so I will put things into proper perspective (making myself and my family the first priority !!) Stay tuned, I have made a few steps in the right direction, and I am going to try my darnedest to keep going !!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You let Bailey and I know what we can do to help!!!! We love you daddy!