Thursday, July 22, 2010

Back in the saddle again (of an excercise bike)

Well I signed up with Snap Fitness today. http://www.snapfitness.com/concordnc/home  It is open 24/7 which works out perfectly for me and my after work workouts. It has nice new, modern equipment, and I will be able to get a great workout there.

I was sad to cancel my Peak/ ZX membership, but they were not meeting my needs, and fueling lots of excuses for me. The clubs were older, but I liked them, but only staying open until 10pm just wouldn't work for me. They tried to change my mind (I had already signed up at Snap) but I didn't like the 24 hour club they were trying to send me to. Then they tried to lay a guilt trip on me, why does the fitness industry have to be so sleazy sometimes ? I had a similar experience at Golds Gym back in Georgia.

The trip to the Dr went OK, I didn't gain any weight (but I hadn't lost any either :-(  With the way my health has been lately, I was happy with staying the same.  I just hope the new medicine will kick this stupid sinus infection.

My plan is to go to the gym after work tomorrow, stay tuned to my twitter feed (@billmdee) for updates.  Wish me luck !! 

No comments: