Sunday, November 16, 2008

So proud of Bailey

Sunday turned out to be a great day !!

We found out last week that Bailey (my Daughter) will be in the Concord Christmas Parade next week, with her Girl Scout Troop. She is very excited to be in a parade, and so are we, but I was a bit worried. We were not sure if she was going to be on a float or walking the whole way. It turns out that they will be walking the entire parade route (two miles or so.) I really started to get concerned, because Bailey doesn't get as much exercise as she should, just like her daddy :-( Normally when we walk for any period of time, Bailey says she is tired and wants us to carry her or side in the shopping cart (just not practical for a four foot tall plus 6 year old.)

I wanted to make an effort to get her is some sort of shape for walking in the parade, so we gave Mommy some alone time, and headed off the the local Greenway Park. Bailey usually rides her scooter here, but today I made her walk. I told her it was practice for the parade, and I even tried to get her to practice her "Parade Wave" to passing cars, but she said that was too silly :-)

Bailey did fantastic !!! We walked the entire two mile walking trail (she even did some running to boot.) She kept up a good pace and didn't complain once. I told her we were going to try and walk again for a 1/2 hour on Tuesday, and for another 2 mile walk on Wednesday (my day off.) If she can do as well Wednesday as she did today, she will do great in the parade (I had nightmares of having to pick her up in my car 1/2 way through the parade.) I am very proud of her, and I hope this effort will give her the inspiration to do more walking with her Daddy.

No comments: