Thursday, January 20, 2011

Getting better

This past week I managed to check off 8 things off my list. Over all it was a pretty good week, even though our week was royally mixed up due to the "blizzard" we had in North Carolina.

It snowed pretty hard starting late Sunday night, I was off on Monday and Dee and Bailey had a snow day, so we had a nice day together as a family. Bailey even helped me shovel snow and clean off the cars. The snow turned to freezing rain that night, so all the roads were skating rinks on Tuesday. I went to work very late (2pm instead of 9am.) and came home 3 hours early. Dee and Bailey had another snow day.

Bailey ended up not having school ALL WEEK, due to icy back roads for the school buses.  Dee and I did several trade offs with Bailey so we could at least get to work part of the time.

Sadly, the two items I missed on my list  were big ones. I only managed to exercise twice last week (one walk and shoveling snow.) I also drank more than 3 sodas. I "only" drank soda on 3 days, but I had more than one each day, which violated the spirit of my list.

Every thing else on my list I accomplished pretty easily. So with a little hard work and discipline, I can do even better next week (hopefully the weather will cooperate !!)

No comments: