Friday, May 20, 2011

What a scare

I had a bit of a health scare around the Bunny 5k race. The week leading up to the race I was having a harder time breathing and I seemed to be out of breath whenever I was exerting myself (going up the stairs, brisk walking etc.) I figured it was just the start of a chest cold, and would get better in a few days.  During the 5k I was really struggling, and was out of breath the whole time, but I just ignored it and kept going.

I still was having trouble breathing on Easter, so I went to the Doctor. A few weeks ago, we had changed my BP medication, and that change was causing me to retain a lot of water. All of that water was constricting my heart and lungs causing my breathing issues (I heard them mention Congestive Heart Failure.) That scared the crap out of me !!

They put me on a new diuretic, and I feel much better now. And the follow up tests (EEG and x-rays) came back normal.  I had caused myself and my family a lot of worry and anxiety.

Time to make more changes !!

No comments: