Saturday, October 18, 2008

Runner's Knee ??

I did make it to the gym on Wednesday night, but my knee was so sore that I could barely walk for 10 minutes when I had to call it quits.  I did 25 minutes of weight training , and 60 Ab Crunches, so it was not a totally wasted night.

I finally went to the Dr about my sore knee (it has been hurting me for almost 2 months now.) After a lot of poking and prodding of my leg, I was diagnosed with "Runner's Knee" which I find a bit ironic, since I never "run" anywhere.  The Dr said "Not every one who gets Tennis Elbow plays tennis, and not every one with Runner's Knee is a runner."  I am relieved that it is nothing too serious, my imagination ran wild and I was imagining that my joint was disintegrating or something bad like that.  The Dr recomended some leg strengthing exercises for me, and gave me and Rx for super Ibuprofin.  

I also got stuck with needles a couple of times.  They wanted to check how well my diabeties is being controlled, so they are doing an A1C test.  I also got a flu shot.

I hope to be back on the streets walking this weekend, wish me luck (an fewer pains)  :-)

No comments: