Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Wow What a Day !!!!

I had my second Nutritionist appointment today. With my Type 2 Diabetes, I have been tracking my Blood Glucose, Food Intake and Exercise. I was a little worried going in because I have not followed the plan 100% (especially in the exercise department.) I have made HUGE changes compared to my "Bad Old Ways" but I have not followed the diet recommendations exactly. I went into today's appointment hoping to loose 10 or maybe 15 pounds over the past two months.

Well today I found out that I had lost 23 Pounds !!!!

I was truly shocked. I hadn't really noticed any changed in my clothes or appearance lately, so I was expecting a minimal loss. The Nutritionist was very please with my progress, and was mostly happy with my food and glucose logs (Soda = Bad !! I have reduced it a lot and am going to cut back even more.)

I am really motivated to consistently exercise. Today's visit was a huge win for me an a real confidence builder. I go back to the Nutritionist December 10th, I a have set a goal of weighing less than 350 pounds by then (I started at 401lbs, and was 378 today, so 29 more would put me below 350.) I have not seen that weight in more than 5 years, and it is an important goal in Healthy Lifestyle Journey.

To top the day off I went for 2 walks. I took Bailey to a local Greenway and we went for a 2+ mile walk/ scooter ride. We had a great time, and both of us are excited to do it again soon. After we got home, I left my running shoes on all evening, and I walked another 1 1/4 miles tonight. Stay turned for more exercise reports !!

No comments: