Saturday, August 11, 2007

My first trip back to the Gym

Well I finally made it back to the gym for the first time in over two years. I signed up for Peak Fitness here in Charlotte (thank you again Mom and Dad !!!!) I was amazed how much I fell back into the groove. I forgot how much I liked going to the gym. I forsee a lot of late night trips to the gym since I am such a night owl and they are open 24 Hours Monday through Friday.

I managed to do an entire mile on the treadmill, which came as quite a shock to me. I have not done any sort of serious walking in some time. I even squeezed in a decent upper body work out. I tried working my legs, but my knees are still sore from when I fell on them last month. I am planning on going back to the gym Sunday afternoon and build on today's sucess, and hopefully walk around the neighborhood Saturday night after work.

Wish me Luck, I will keep you posted.

No comments: