Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Evening Workout

I got stuck at work a bit late today, and I didn't get to the gym until after 6:45. The good news was that it was not as crowded as it usually is. The bad news is I didn't get home until almost 8:00. I did walk a mile and a half on the treadmill, that is almost 1/2 my walking goal for the Autism Walk in October (3 3/4 miles) So my endurance is starting to build up.

I am really torn about what to do for afternoon/ evening workouts. When I work the opening shift (9am to 5pm - hopefully) I don't get to the gym until 6:00 at the earliest, so I never make it home before 7:00. With Bailey's new bedtime of 9:00pm, I feel that it is really cutting into my "Family Time." Not to mention that if Dee and Bailey wait for me to eat dinner that is too late for a 5 year old to eat (especially going to be bed @ 9.) Dee and Bailey have been very supportive of me going to the gym, but I can't help feeling a bit guilty. I may try out some other options like just doing strength training (weights) and walking the neighborhood after Bailey goes to bed (if it cools off any time soon, right now it is still in the mid to upper 90s during the day , and upper 80s by 9 or 10 pm.) So once fall arrives that may be a better solution. I will have to think about it and try and come up with a solution that works for everybody.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just GO home after work and when she goes to sleep goto the gym

Anonymous said...

Don't stop going to the gym. Once you start skipping the gym you will stop going over time. you'll lose your shot at getting healthy and being around when she gets older, you do want to dance with her when she gets married don't you?

billmdee said...

Going to the gym after every one is asleep is generally a good idea, but it would not have worked this week. I am opening every day this week, so I have to get up at 7:00 am or earlier. I was in bed before midnight most nights this week, and ever before 11 last night. I can go after they go to bed when I am closing the next day (or am not working 4 opens in a row.) I am not giving up, just trying to find a better ballance :-)