Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Tried a new Location

I made it to the gym today. I tried out a different Peak Fitness location in Concord NC (I usually go to the one in Harrisburg.) I was not super impressed with it. The layout was very confusing, and the equipment was all jammed together. There was no room to move around. I went around 5:30pm and it was really crowded. I saw that most of the treadmill they had were the same kind I used to use at Golds Gym in Georgia. I like the set up and program options it has. Unfortunately the ones they had in Concord were old and not well taken care of. The running belt was off center so I had to walk all of the way to the side and I kept bumping into the handrail. The belt or belt motor was wearing out, because every time I put any real pressure on the belt I would "bottom out" and the belt would stop. That made for some awkward walking. I suffered through about 20 minutes on the darn thing before I gave up (I did manage to walk 3/4 of a mile.) By then all of the other treadmills were full and the universal equipment was occupied too. I decided to cut my losses and meet Dee and Bailey at the Birthday Party they were at. I hope to get a much better workout tomorrow back at my "home" gym in Harrisburg.

No comments: