Saturday, September 1, 2007

Walking with the next Generation

I got stuck late at work tonight (2 1/2 hours +) I promised Bailey that we would go for a walk today, and I had missed our "walk date" once already this week due to getting stuck at work. I told Dee and Bailey to go ahead and eat dinner with out me. When I got home at 8:30 I had a pleasant surprise waiting for me... Bailey was sitting there all ready to go for our walk. She had he sneakers on, and was raring to go. Luckily I had changed into my work out clothes before leaving work, so off we went on our walk.

That walk was one of the best times I have spent with Bailey in a long time. She went on and on about how important exercise is and that walking is good exercise. She also talked about eating healthy, and how to make good food choices. She was very proud that the two of us were exercising and "making out tummies smaller." It feels really good that she is learning these important lessons so early. I hope that I can continue out walks and be a positive influence on her.

We walked about a 1/2 mile together, and made a date to go walking again on Sunday when I get home from work. After every one went to bed, I went back out and walked another mile or so. I forgot the pedometer on my walk with Bailey, but brought it on my later walk. Boy do I hate my pedometer !! It seems nice but keeps resetting it's self while I am walking and it is hard to get it on the right setting. I really miss my old Weight Watchers pedometer, it worked much better. Oh well we will see if I can get the new one to work correctly.

No comments: