Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Laboring at the gym on Labor Day

I actually managed to leave work a few minutes before the mall closed today, so I was able to get a nice workout in and still get home at a reasonable time, although it was still after Bailey went to bed :-( I did a 1/2 mile on the elliptical machine. I really kicked up my weight training. I still did the same basic exercises, but I notched up the intensity a lot. I have been just doing lighter weights up to now, trying to see what my strength/ fitness level was. Tonight I really pushed myself and bumped up the weight a lot. I felt the burn a lot more and it was a more satisfying workout. I also felt more manly (not that I am there to show off.) Lifting half the wight stack looks better for a big guy like me than just a few weight plates like I was doing before. It was a good way to start the week, and I have a much better schedule this week, so I can geta lot more excercising in.

No comments: