Monday, September 17, 2007

Two walks today

I spent a nice Sunday with my family. Bailey and I went to the big park a few miles from the house. Bailey played on the playground for a while, then we explored the "Fit Trail." It is a walking trail through the woods, and it has stations every few hundred feet where you do exercises like jumping jacks or sit ups. Bailey really enjoyed it, and had a blast looking for the next station along the trail. On the way back to the car, Bailey kept stopping and drawing on the trail. It was very cute, and she had a good time, but it really messed up my running time on the Nike+ site. We ended up walking 1.42 miles in just over an hour.

After dinner, I washed the dishes and went out for another walk. My goal was to walk 3K (about 1.8 miles.) I walked the three Kilometers and a bit more (I was on the other side of the development when I hit my goal. I walked 2.29 miles in 51 minutes (22'22" per mile or 2.68 mph.) I got a pleasant surprise on my iPod, when I finished my walk, Lance Armstrong came on and said I had set a new record for walking a mile. What a great reward and pick my up !!

No comments: