Thursday, September 13, 2007

Whew !! What a day

I had a totally awesome day today !! After picking Bailey up from school, I mowed not one, but TWO lawns. I mowed our yard, and the neighbor's yard too since they are selling their house and are out of town. It was a good workout, especially the back yard since I had to mow up hill going across the yards. After we got back from our neighborhood homeowners association meeting, I put the mower away and ended up cleaning a big chunk of the garage up. Once Bailey was in bed, Dee and I watched the Biggest Loser from last night. The weather has finally cooled off a bit, it was "only" 85 degrees today, so when I left for my walk at 11:15 it was almost cool out. I initially was going to walk a mile, since I had already "worked out" mowing the lawns. The first 1/2 mile was all up hill, and was pretty hard, but I decided to really push myself and actually jogged part of the down hill section. I finished my mile in front of the house, and thought that I could make another 1/2 mile or so. I really started to get my second wind and blew past a 1/2 mile. I figured I would just keep on going until I really started to get tired. I ended up walking 2.83 miles !!!!! It took me just over an hour ( @ 22 minutes per mile or 2.7 mph.) I would have been ecstatic walking 2 miles today, but I went even beyond that :-) I was really starting to get worried about my upcoming Autism Walk, but after today, I feel really confident that I will do great !!

No comments: