Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Walk in the Park

I picked up Bailey from her first full day of school today. Our original plan was to go straight to a near by Park and go walking. I looked at the Thermometer on the Jeep and it said it was 96 degrees outside, and the sun was blazing down on us. We decided to postpone out walk for a little bit and wait for it to cool off. We headed out to the park at 6:15 and it was "only"92 degrees, but at least the sun was starting to go down, and not directly over head. Bailey and I walked one lap around the walking track, and down and back the woods trail. We walked just over a 1/2 mile, not counting the trip out to the bathrooms (I think that was at least another 1/4 mile ;-) I let Bailey play on the playground while I kept walking the track (the playground is in the middle of the walking track.) I managed to walk another mile before we had to go and meet Mommy. I liked the change of scenery walking in the park, and the track was a lot less hilly than our subdivision. Bailey liked it too, she very proudly told me that playing on the playground is good exercise too !! We hope to have a repeat on Thursday, possibly at another park.

No comments: